Here at Peace Church, we are a warm, welcoming United Church of Christ (UCC) congregation that is always happy to receive guests. We invite you to worship with us, experience God’s love, see what’s happening, share your talents, discover who we are, and grow in faith.
At Peace Church, we invite you to come as you are… and discover who you can be…
Regular Worship Hours
10:30 A.M. – a traditional but evolving and inspiring worship service with music (organ, piano, clavinova, bells) and singing as well as readings, prayer and a sermon.
Children’s Church is offered during church service upstairs.
We hope you will join us!
- We have all children attend the first part of the service with the congregation and then they go upstairs for Children’s Church.
- People wear whatever they’re comfortable with. Some dress up and some are more casual and dress down. You’ll see people in suits, dresses, jeans, and shorts all worshiping together. “God doesn’t care what you wear to church and neither do we.”
- We have preaching directly from the Bible each week.
- In our Lord’s Prayer, we say Debts/Debtors.
- We have open communion and share with all believers. Worshipers stay seated in the pews and the elements – bread and the cup (small cups of wine or juice) – are passed down each aisle by the ushers. First the bread is served. When everyone in the congregation has received the bread, we all eat the bread at the same time, as a community. Then the cup is served and we all drink the cup, as a community. (There are small cup holders on the back of the pew to place the cup when you’ve finished.)
- All contributions, money and otherwise, are gratefully received. But you do not have to put money in the offering plate. If you’d like, we encourage you to write down something that you are thankful for and place it in the offering plate as it passes by.
- Members of our church come from many Christian traditions including Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Baptist, and other Protestant traditions. People from many religious backgrounds or none at all have found a home at Peace UCC.
- Our church is handicapped accessible as we have an elevator that provides access to all levels of the building.
We would love to get to know you better!